Dental Implants – Implants “R” Us
Improve your dental health with Dental Implants by Dental Care Center.
Unlike many other dental practices, our dentists and staff are highly trained in the surgery and placement of a variety of dental implant services.
Dental Implant Facts:
- At our Maryland office location, our doctors have placed over 6000 dental implants.
- The proper use of dental implants can save you from having to rely on uncomfortable and unsightly removable dentures.
- If you have loose dentures, the dental implant systems we use can stabilize and prevent movement of these appliances.
Call Dr. Greenberg’s office to schedule your dental implant consultation today!
The following article on dental implants was written by Doctor Al Greenberg of Greenberg Dental Care Center in Maryland and appeared in a health magazine.
Dental Implants Bring Joy Back to Life
Imagine Having the Feel of Natural Teeth Again
According to the U.S. Surgeon General and despite improved dental care, by age 50 the average American is missing 12 teeth. One-third of those over 65 are missing all of their teeth. Loss of teeth and the instability of dentures pose problems for many people. Physically, they feel young and healthy, but the don’t enjoy life like they used to. They love talking and going to eat with friends and family, but feel self-conscious because of their teeth.
As boomers look for better ways to regain their smiles, dental specialists are perfecting new technologies, such as dental implants, that look, feel and function like natural teeth.
Dental implants are anchored in the jawbone as replacement roots and act as permanent teeth. The entire process takes three to six months and results can last a lifetime, much longer than traditional dentures which place false teeth on top of gums with adhesives.
A smile can affect your outlook on life. Dental implants work for anyone, whether they are 18 or 80. The joy patients experience after receiving dental implants is very rewarding. They get the courage to live the lives they’ve wanted.
Offering benefits such as improved speech and a sense of security, the use of dental implants is on the rise. Additional benefits include:
- Improved Eating: There is now need to worry about certain foods; chewing with dental implants is like chewing with natural teeth.
- Appearance: With traditional dentures, the jaw can shrink due to lack of use; implants actually stimulate bone growth by keeping the jaw active. Implants also look more like your natural teeth so that most people can’t even tell you have them.
- Comfort: Moving dentures sometimes irritate or injure gums.
According to dental implant recipients, however, the greatest benefit is self-esteem. Most would have done it years ago if they knew how great they would feel and look. Not having to worry about your teeth and more brings a wonderful sense of freedom.
The cost for dental implants varies. It is important to check with your insurance company before planning to undergo the procedure, which is best if performed by a dentist who has received special training.
Call our Maryland offices today to start your dental implants right away, the right way!